Chapter 3: COMMUNICATION AND CULTURE - MODELS AND ISSUES
On the completion of this volume the reader should be competent to:
· define culture as a concept;
· differentiate between different types of cultures based on various criteria;
· recognise the influences of various culture differences on communication styles;
· describe an intercultural communication model.
1. Illustrate from the Old Testament the shame aspects of Israel culture.
2. What factors would we need to consider and develop to be effective cross-cultural
communicators of the gospel?